Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hey You! Happy New Year!

Ring in the new year with a new challenge on Color-Me-Scrappy! We've got a great color scheme of peppermints! This was quite a challenge for me ---bright pinks! I typically don't use pink on my pages because they tend to be all about my son. I found a creative way to add it though. I used a burlap star and misted it with pink ink! I got the rough texture of a boy with the pink, and I think it really works to convey the meaning on my layout. I also chose a picture where JJ was wearing the colors on his shirt.



This challenge also comes with a great sketch:




Here's my layout:
Thanks for stopping by! Have a very happy new year!

3 comments:

  1. Love your version of the sketch for the challenge.....great colors & neat photo! I really like hoe you added the ticket border!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch and colors!! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year Stephanie! I love your layout and how you used the sketch and colors!

    ReplyDelete