Friday, February 15, 2013

Non-traditional vs Traditional Valentine Colors

This week Club CK's Issue Challenge was to create a "love" layout without using the traditional theme colors or embellishments. This was a true challenge for me! I usually use reds or pinks to evoke the feelings of love on my layouts. To narrow my selection, I was inspired by Color Me Scrappy's orange and greens challenge. 

Here's my color inspiration:


Here's my resulting layout:

CS: SC, pp: OA. tape: Hapton Arts, Queen & Co. stickers: LYB, BG, Adorn It, AC, momenta. transparency: BG.
flower: SFTIO. dots: MME. vaneers: SC. ink: ColorSnaps.

 Then, I made this layout with the traditional red and a large heart. I twisted it up a little with pairing it with a bright turquoise blue.


 The paper trim reminded me of the cape used at the salon! I really loved using the ink dauber with the mask. What a great way to look a little grungy!

5 comments:

  1. You have done a great job using the colours
    Cheers
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are a hoot! I love the way you designed the title. Great page. Thanks for playing with us at CMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an amazing and fun layout for Color Me Scrappy! You did such a great job using the colors, and I love your sense of humor, too! Thank you for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous Valentine page. I love the non traditional colors. Thanks for playing along at Color Me Scrappy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun and cute page! Great idea of using non traditional colors and you completely succeeded ! Thanks for playing along with CMS!

    ReplyDelete